check your forecast like it’s 1957
(peeps included at no additional charge)
a classic, hand-crafted weather observation app created by swackett
Peepometer 1000 is an elegant weather observation instrument with a retro, 1950′s-era feel. Replicating the look and feel of a mechanical device in every detail, Peepometer’s vintage gauges and dials are faithfully reproduced in stunning high resolution. Special attention is paid to mechanical functionality — with the gauge needles even responding to subtle bumps and inertia (on iPad 2 and newer devices).
And of course, Peepometer is designed specifically for retina display in the new iPad. Peepometer 1000 will transport you back to time when meteorologists, the aviation industry, and weather enthusiasts around the world used mechanical gauges and dials to observe weather conditions. This app is a must-have for any weather enthusiast.
Peepometer 1000 includes eight standard scopes, gauges and dials:
- Peep Scope
- Temperature Gauge
- Wind Speed and Direction Gauge
- Imagery Scope (including animated radar loops where available)
a true swackett app
Brought to you by the design team behind swackett, Peepometer 1000 also features the famous swackett peeps — who always appear dressed appropriately for the weather. swackett user accounts are fully supported: including your custom locations, temperature and language preferences, and your purchased swackett editions. Naturally, Peepometer 1000 sports its very own brand of swackett Easter Eggs.
Touch the indicators to explore the logic behind their illumination.
Peepometer 1000 displays detailed weather conditions and forecasts for over 2 million locations worldwide.
Forecasts and Imagery
- Current weather details
- Visual forecasts for today, tonight and tomorrow
- Daily forecasts for the next 5 days
- Local, regional, state and national full-motion radar images (where available) with rain, ice and snow color mapping
- Smart watches and warnings (available currently only in the US, but coming soon to other countries)
Comprehensive Weather Details
- Temperature and “real feel” temperature
- Dew point
- Wind speed and directions
- Sunrise and sunset
- Precipitation amounts for rain, ice and snow
- Percent probability of precipitation
- swackett Editions to keep forecasts fresh and fun
- Seamless multi-platform location synchronization (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Web)
where to download
Peepometer is available exclusively through the App Store. Download Peepometer for iPad now.
more swackett apps
- swackett X for iPhone
- Peepometer for iPad
- Flashometer for iPhone
- swackett for iPhone
- swackett X for Mac
- swackett for Mac
- The swackett Web App
dress up your forecast even more
Every swackett app comes with two complimentary editions: The Classic Edition and The Modern Edition. You can dress-up your weather forecast with additional editions, each available as an in-app purchase.